Printable version of this page [PDF]
A Special Election for District 15, Lower Sackville, to fill a Councillor vacancy. This election is entirely electronic with telephone and online voting only. Polling stations will be set up in the community to provide voting opportunities for those without the technology, or who wish to have support through the voting process.
Electronic Voting begins on September 28 at 12:00 p.m. through to October 5 at 7:00 p.m., 24 hours a day.
An advance polling station will be open on Saturday, September 28 from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., and Tuesday, October 1 from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Ordinary Polling Day (Election Day) is on Saturday, October 5. Polling stations will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
District 15 covers Lower Sackville. To find out if you are in District 15, use the District Look-up tool, or you can call 902-490-VOTE (8683)
Am I on the List of Electors?
Revisions to the list of electors will begin on August 8, 2019. Between August 8 and October 5, 2019 electors can call 902-490-VOTE (8683) to confirm their information on the list of electors and make any necessary changes. Electors can also use the Am I On The List of Electors tool.
Voters may not be on the List of ELectors if they have:
• Recently moved to District 15 – Lower Sackville
• Recently turned 18 years old
Electors may also contact the Election office if a person in their household has left the district or has recently passed away.
There are multiple ways an elector can be added to the List of Electors:
• In person at Sackville Public Library and the Sackville Sports Stadium (August 8 – 29).
• By Phone, with the Voter Help Line at: 902-490-VOTE (8683) Open Weekdays until October 5, 2019.
• In person at an Advance poll on September 28, 2019 and October 1, 2019.
• In person at an Election Day poll on October 5, 2019.
• You are 18 years of age or older and a Canadian citizen on the fist advance polling day (September 28, 2019);
• You have been ordinarily resident in Nova Scotia for 6 months immediately before the first advance polling day (since March 28, 2019);
• You are ordinarily resident in the Halifax Regional Municipality and have been so since immediately before the first advance polling day (September 27, 2019);
• You are ordinarily resident in District 15 – Lower Sackville on ordinary polling day (October 5, 2019); and
• You are not otherwise disqualified to vote in the Municipal and School Board Elections.
An advance polling station will be available on Saturday, September 28 and Tuesday, October 1 at the Sackville Lions Club, 101 Old Beaver Bank Road, from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Ordinary Polling Day (Election Day) polling stations will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. There will be two locations:
• Acadia Hall, 650 Sackville Drive
• Sackville Arena, 91 First Lake Drive
District 15 is divided into 11 polling divisions, which are assigned to a specific polling station.
- 1501, 1502, 1503, 1506, 1507, 1508 – Acadia Hall
- 1505, 1509, 1510, 1511 – Sackville Arena
- 1504 – Sagewood retirement home (only residents of this centre can vote at this station)
Voter information letters will be mailed out indicating which polling station they need to attend on Ordinary Polling Day depending on which voting division they live in.
By mid September, voters will be able to find out which polling station they attend using the Where do I Vote look up tool, or they can phone the Voter Help Centre at 902-490-VOTE (8683). A link to the tool will be added once available.
Voter Information Letters:
Voter Information Letters will be mailed out via Canada Post the week of September 16, 2019. These letters will include the voting website/ telephone number, and a Personal Identification Numbers (PIN) to access the voting platform, and information on their assigned polling station.
If an elector does not receive their Voter Information Letter by September 23, they should call (902) 490-VOTE (8386) to confirm they are on the Voters’ List and be issued a Voter Information Letter. Electors can also visit their assigned polling station to get registered and receive voting credentials. A PIN is required to access the voting platform by way of telephone or the internet.
More information on the District 15 Special Election can be found online or by calling 902-490-VOTE (8683).