Through Neighbourhood Watch, neighbours come together to reduce crime in their community by learning how to:
- be alert to and report suspicious activity in their neighbourhoods
- make their homes less inviting to thieves
- make their personal property less desirable to burglars
Neighbourhood Watch also helps coordinate the efforts of police and the community to track down criminals.
To sign up to be a part of the Neighbourhood Watch in your area, send an email to Cst. Tanya Lambert with the following information:
- phone number;
- any activity that is happening currently in the neighbourhood that prompted your interest in Neighbourhood Watch; and
- whether you're a past member of a Neighbourhood Watch group.
For more information on Neighbourhood Watch, contact Constable Tanya Lambert: 902.490.2169.