These are fillable forms that you can save and print.
How to complete a request
- Enter your name, address and telephone number. If applicable, enter your company name. (Fax and email information are optional.)
- Indicate if you are requesting general or personal information.
- general: enclose the $5 application fee
- personal: no application fee is required
For either type of request, please indicate if you would like to examine the records or receive a copy of the records
- Provide as much detail as possible; include any case numbers, file numbers or reference numbers, and the time frame for the records.
- Please sign, date, and mail your request to the FOIPOP Coordinator with your application fee, if applicable.
You may also submit your request as a letter stating that you are requesting the information under FOIPOP. You must enclose the $5 application fee with your letter.
Please send your request to access information to:
Mr. Carl Yates M.A.Sc., P.Eng.,
General Manager, FOIPOP Coordinator
450 Cowie Hill Road
PO Box 8388, RPO CSC
Forms must be complete and accompanied by any applicable application fees.
Additional information about FOIPOP requests from Halifax Water
Halifax Water has the authority to charge additional fees beyond the initial application fee for time dedicated to preparing, copying, and sending the information. You will be provided with a fee estimate prior to the request being processed. Application fees are not refunding if your request for information has been denied.
Under FOIPOP legislation, Halifax Water is required to respond to your request within 30 days. If additional time is required (because your request was not detailed enough, you requested so much information, or a third party has to be consulted), an extension can be given, but Halifax Water is required to advise you when a response can be expected.
If you are denied access to information, Halifax Water must provide you with the reason(s) for denial. If you are not satisfied with these reasons, you may request a review. A review must be requested within 60 days of notification. The review officer is an independent ombudsman appointed by the Governor in Council.