J. Thibault is applying for a development agreement to convert an existing commercial use to a residential unit.
The applicant wishes to convert a legal non-conforming use to a residential unit, creating a 5-unit residential building. The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
• Existing 2-storey building with 4 residential units and one legal non-conforming commercial unit
• Existing residential units are two 1-bedroom apartments, one 2-bedroom apartment, and one 6-bedroom apartment
• Existing commercial use is a camera repair shop. Size is 1152 square feet over two floors (ground floor and basement)
• Proposal is to convert commercial space to a 3-bedroom residential apartment
• No changes to building height or massing
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to the proposal rationale and building layout.
The application will be considered under the Development Agreement and Planning Advisory Committee process.
Staff are undertaking a detailed review of the application.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by municipal staff to properly evaluate the application. The documents are also available for review at the Planning Applications office in Downtown Dartmouth.