To apply, complete and submit the H2O Fund application [PDF] along with the required supporting documents. If you can’t download the PDF, you can find the application at these locations:
- Halifax Water’s 450 Cowie Hill Rd. office
- Salvation Army’s Gottingen St. location
- any HRM Customer Services Centre
In addition to a completed application form, you are required to provide the following:
- A copy of a recent (within the past two months) Halifax Water bill, showing your name, address, account number, and the amount owing.
- Declaration of income or of no income, or proof of study, to demonstrate financial need.
a. Declaration of income should include all sources of income, including (but not limited to):
- employment insurance
- worker’s compensation
- income assistance
- child tax benefits
- child support
- old age security
b. Declaration of no income should come in the form of a letter of support from a community referrer, such as your:
- local food bank
- social worker
- law enforcement
- Member of the Legislative Assembly
c. Adults enrolled in an educational or training program need to submit a copy of their student ID or a letter from the school or training facility.
Send completed applications and all required documents by email, mail, or fax to 902.422.3435.
H2O Fund Administrator
2038/2044 Gottingen Street
The Salvation Army receives and reviews all completed applications and will contact you within five business days to let you know if you’re eligible for support.
If your application is approved, you will have the funds applied directly to your Halifax Water account.