Competition #: HW-LS-2018 (May to August 2018)
Department: Water Services
We are currently recruiting students who have been in full time attendance at an educational institution in the preceding scholastic year, and who are enrolled in a full time program for the coming year, for summer employment. Employment will be available from approximately May to August 2018, and will be located at various facilities throughout HRM.
As a Labourer (Summer Student) you will primarily perform general labour work associated with the operation of the Utility in a safe, efficient manner, such as;
- Landscape work including grass and flower garden maintenance and associated clean-up work.
- Painting, including scraping, and associated clean-up work.
- General work including loading and unloading equipment.
- Operating Commission vehicles (trucks/cars) in a safe manner as required.
This opportunity is open to students who have been in full time attendance at an educational institution in the preceding scholastic year, and who are enrolled in a full time program for the coming year.
Previous experience in landscaping, loading and unloading equipment and/or painting would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate must have:
- A valid Driver’s License and satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- A satisfactory background check
- A satisfactory reference check
This is a CUPE 227 unionized position
Wage Rate: As per the Collective Agreement
How to Apply
Completed cover letters and application forms [PDF] or resume, stating Competition #HW-LS-2018, must be received by 4:30pm on March 16, 2018. Please forwarded to:
P.O. Box 8388, RPO CSC
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Halifax Water is an equal opportunity employer