COVID-19 waiver form
Registration and Payments
- Register online at halifax.ca/myrec using your myREC account. Credit card payment preferred.
- Register by phone by calling the Parks & Recreation Registration Line at 902.490.6666. Credit card payment preferred.
- Register in person at one of the available recreation facilities using credit card, debit, or cheque (avoiding cash if possible). Please note that these sites will be open to the public for registration on July 22, 2020. The sites will open for regular operations further into the summer at a date yet to be determined.
Payment Plan Update - June 2021
Payment plans are available by request onsite on registration day at your local recreation centre or by phone (902.490.6666). Full payments must be made before the start of the program. Staff will be in touch with you on this payment plan within 48 hours of registration.
Families requiring financial assistance can view details of the Funding Access Application here.
Inclusion & Accessibility for Recreation Programs
For details information on inclusion & accessibility for recreation programs, click here.
- Questions can be emailed to email@example.com
- A registration information package containing information on your weekly day camp will be forwarded to registrants in advance of the camp start date. The package will contain information that will require parent/guardian signature and must be returned prior to the day camp start date. Non receipt of signed forms and waivers may result in a withdrawal from the day camp.
Public Health and Safety
All camps will operate according to Public Health Day Camp Guidelines. When possible and weather permitting, the bulk of camp activities, will be held outdoors. A two meter distance between each camp group (cohort) will be maintained.
- Any group activities will allow for physical distancing and activities that cluster around an item or small area will be avoided.
- The use of non-medical masks (cloth or home-made masks) within the day camp setting is not required where physical distancing is maintained. However, some children may choose to bring and wear a nonmedical mask while at camp.
- Group sizes will not exceed the maximum gathering limits set out in the Health Protection Act Order (currently 10, including both campers and staff).
- Some individuals are considered at a higher risk of severe illness with COVID-19 (including those over 65 and those with compromised immune systems or underlying medical conditions) and parents/ guardians are encouraged to consult their health care provider if they have concerns about their child’s health, or the health of other household contacts.
Personal Hygiene and Protective Precautions
- All camp spaces will have designated entrance and exit plans, and washroom use will be monitored to limit capacity within these spaces.
- Frequent hand washing or hand sanitizing by campers and staff will be taught, reinforced and monitored.
- Campers will be reminded to cover coughs and sneeze with a tissue. If a tissue isn’t available, cough or sneeze into elbows, not hands.
- Campers will be encouraged to avoid touching their mouth, nose and eyes during the summer day camp.
- Equipment and/or supplies will be managed and cleaned with appropriate disinfecting cleaner before and after use, and between use by different cohorts.
- If a child develops symptoms while attending camp, the child will be isolated from other children and the parent/guardian will be notified to collect the child immediately.
- If a child requires close contact and care, staff will continue to care for the child until the parent/guardian is able to pick them up.
Drop Off and Pick Up
- Drop off and pick up procedures for each location will be implemented at the beginning and end of each camp. These procedures will be specific to each site location and will be forwarded to camp registrants prior to the start date of the summer camps.
- There should be no non-essential visitors at summer camps. Parents/guardians are asked to minimize any time spent at each location.
- Hand sanitizer will be placed at all entrances and exits at each location for use by staff, parents/guardians, and other essential visitors.
To review available camps and register, visit halifax.ca/myREC.