Youth Leadership is for youth aged 13+ (or completed grade 7) who want to develop leadership skills through fun & challenging learning experiences, organizing and taking part in SPECIAL EVENTS and assisting staff with CHILDREN'S PROGRAMS. A chance to make a DIFFERENCE in your community!
What’s it all about?
- Opportunities for young people to develop personal and group leadership skills and job readiness through participation in practical leadership training and volunteer experience
- Exciting social events with friends
- Opportunities to experience and understand commitment and responsibility through team building activities and community action
- Written evaluation provided on leadership performance
- Opportunities to develop valuable job readiness skills through workshops and volunteer work.
What do you do?
Attend fun training sessions to learn leadership and employment skills, help organize and lead camp activities for children, socialize with others while participating in youth recreation activities, make new friends and memories…have a blast!
Where is it?
The youth leadership program is offered at each municipally run recreation centre. Check with your local rec centre to find out the details of the program offered in your community.
What to do now?
Attend an information session in your community to learn more. Information sessions are offered each spring, call 902.490.6666 to find and register for the one nearest to you.