Who qualifies for an Annual Visitor parking permit?
The purpose of the Annual Visitor parking permit is to increase access to on-street parking for:
- Residents that borrow or rent vehicles; and
- Individuals that visit or provide services to residents (i.e. Victorian Order of Nurses, contractors, etc.)
This permit is available to an applicant who does not have access to a private driveway located on the property of the resident.
What is the cost of this permit?
The cost is $30 annually and all permits expire one (1) calendar year after the date of issue.
Where do I place the permit?
The permit must be placed in the upper corner of the front windshield on the passenger side.
To apply you must provide the following:
- Completed and signed application form
- Valid photo identification
- Proof of address of the applicant dated within 30 days from the date of application
- i.e. Utility bill, bank statement, government letter
Frequently Asked Questions:
I am a service provider and would like to purchase a parking permit that allows me to park outside of my clients home. What do I need?
The applicant of this permit is the resident who resides in the zone in which the parking permit will apply. The resident applies on the service providers behalf.
I rent vehicles often, do I need a new permit for each vehicle?
No, the parking permit is tied to the residence.
What signage am I exempt from?
With an Annual Resident parking permit you are permitted to park at the following signage erected by the Traffic Authority:
- permitting on hour parking;
- permitting two hour parking;
- prohibiting parking for an hour in the morning or the afternoon;
- prohibiting parking for an hour in both morning and afternoon; or
- prohibiting parking except by permit
As a permit holder you are not exempt from the following:
- Street cleaning signs;
- Winter parking regulations;
- Parking meters or pay stations on a street;
- No parking signs;
- No stopping signs;
- No Parking Except with Carshare Permit;
- Parking by Special Permit Only
- Any other temporary parking controls as established by the Traffic Authority