Who is eligible for a Temporary Resident parking permit?
If your private driveway is temporarily blocked by municipal works, as determined by the Construction Supervisor, you will be given a Temporary Resident parking permit. There is no fee associated with this permit.
To receive this permit, you must qualify for the following:
- The resident of a building with no more than four (4) dwelling units;
- The resident has access to a private driveway
- In the inspector's opinion, access to that driveway is, or will be, limited by the municipality or its contractors in the course of completing work for the municipality.
Where do I place the permit?
The permit must be placed in the upper corner of the front windshield on the passenger side.
What signage am I exempt from?
With an Annual Resident parking permit you are permitted to park at the following signage erected by the Traffic Authority:
- permitting on hour parking;
- permitting two hour parking;
- prohibiting parking for an hour in the morning or the afternoon;
- prohibiting parking for an hour in both morning and afternoon; or
- prohibiting parking except by permit
As a permit holder you are not exempt from the following:
- Street cleaning signs;
- Winter parking regulations;
- Parking meters or pay stations on a street;
- No parking signs;
- No stopping signs;
- No Parking Except with Carshare Permit;
- Parking by Special Permit Only
- Any other temporary parking controls as established by the Traffic Authority