Do you have a big, beautiful spruce or balsam tree on your property you'd be willing to donate to help spread holiday cheer and merriment?
If you've got a beauty of a green giant who's aspiring to be a star, we've got just the thing! Halifax is launching its first annual public search for Christmas trees for both Grand Parade Square and Sullivan's Pond.
Does my tree qualify? See criteria below:
- The tree must be on your property, and easily accessible from the street.
- Be 6 - 10 metres tall (~20 - 30 feet) for the Sullivan's Pond location, or 9 - 16 metres tall (~30 - 50 feet) for the Grand Parade location.
- Be symmetrical with a single trunk, and little to no browning needles.
- If you are unsure whether your tree qualifies, please submit pictures to the email below!
- You will only be contacted should we wish to assess your tree, and again if your tree is selected.
- The homeowner will not receive compensation for the tree, but our Urban Forestry crews will remove the tree at no cost, grind the stump to approximately 2 inches below ground level, and clean up any remaining debris.
- We accept submissions all year long! Only those selected for assessment will be contacted.
Please include the following information when emailing your submission:
- Pictures from as many angles as possible, to give us a good idea of the overall condition and form of the tree.
- Your contact information: Phone number(s), address, contact name, address where tree is located if different from home address and any other relevant information
- Where to send your submission: firstname.lastname@example.org