Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – March 9, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1 AUDITOR GENERAL
12.1.1 Follow Up Review of 2019-20 Audits
(i) Report [PDF]
(ii) Presentation [PDF]
12.2.1 Humanitarian Relief Efforts for Ukraine
THAT the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council provide a $50,000 grant from the Options Reserve (Q421) to the Canada-Ukraine Foundation to support humanitarian relief efforts for Ukraine as a result of the invasion by Russia.
12.2.2 Investment Activities – Quarter Ending December 31, 2021
THAT the Audit & Finance Standing Committee forward this report to Halifax Regional Council as an information item.
12.2.3 Amendments to Administrative Order-2014-015-ADM-Respecting Reserve Funding Strategies
THAT that the Audit & Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council adopt the amendments to Administrative Order 2014-015-ADM, the Financial Reserves Administrative Order, as set out in Attachment 2 of this report.
12.2.4 Increase to Project No. CB000042 – Woodside Ferry Terminal Upgrade
THAT the Audit & Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
- Approve a transfer of $350,000 (net HST included) from the Capital Fund Reserve Account Q526; and
- Approve an increase in multi-year funding for Project No. CB000042 Woodside Ferry Terminal Upgrade by $350,000 (net HST included), in fiscal year 2022/23, as outlined in the Financial Implications section of this report.
12.3 GRANTS COMMITTEE – NONE
12.4 COMMITTEE MEMBERS – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS - NONE
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – May 18, 2022
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE