There will be a live broadcast of the Audit and Finance Standing Committee meeting on YouTube. In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – March 25, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.1 Correspondence - NONE
10.2 Petitions - NONE
10.3 Presentations - NONE
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1 AUDITOR GENERAL
12.1.1 Management of Accounts Payable Audit – Evangeline Colman-Sadd, Auditor General
12.1.2 Transit Technology Project Management Audit - Evangeline Colman-Sadd, Auditor General
12.2 STAFF - NONE
12.3 GRANTS COMMITTEE - NONE
12.4 COMMITTEE MEMBERS - NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) - NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
15.1 Spring Garden Streetscape Budget Increase & Tender Award - Elora Wilkinson, Planner II
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Approve an increase to RFP 19-343 (PO# 2070833513) to WSP for design services required to remove Halifax Water’s watermain from the project scope in the amount of $8,049.31 (net HST included) from Capital Account No. CD000001- Streetscapes - Spring Garden Road (to be recouped through cost sharing), as outlined in the Financial Implications section of this report.
2. Approve a gross budget increase of $1,006,569 to Capital Account No. CD00001 – Streetscapes – Spring Garden Road, with no net budget increase, with cost sharing from Halifax Water, Bell Aliant, Heritage Gas and Westwood Development Ltd, as outlined in the Financial Implications section and detailed in the attachments of this report.
3. Approve a gross budget increase of $1,714,996 to Capital Account No. CD000001- Streetscapes - Spring Garden Road, with no net budget increase, with funding from an unbudgeted reserve withdrawal from Capital Reserve (Q526) as outlined in the Financial Implications section of this report.
4. Award Tender No. 21- 209, Request for Tender - Spring Garden Road Streetscape to the lowest bidder meeting specifications, Brycon Construction Ltd. for a Total Tender Price of $10,518,393.37 (net HST included) with funding from Capital Account No. CD000001- Streetscapes - Spring Garden Road as outlined in the Financial Implications section of this report.
5. Award the Construction Phase and Post-Construction Services component of RFP No. 19-343 Spring Garden Road Streetscape: Detailed Design and Construction Documents, to WSP in the amount of $372,104.96 (net HST included).
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – May 19, 2021
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact
Annie Sherry, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902-943-8741