In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – March 25, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
5. YEAR END FINANCIAL STATEMENTS & FOURTH QUARTER FINANCIAL REPORT
Staff Presentation [PDF]
KPMG Presentation [PDF]
That the Audit Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve:
1) The Consolidated Financial Statements of the Halifax Regional Municipality for the year ended March 31, 2021;
2) The Statement of General Rate Surplus of the Halifax Regional Municipality for the year ended March 31, 2021;
3) Transfers of $32,923,223 as outlined below, to reduce the general rate surplus to zero:
• Strategic Capital Reserve, Q606 $ 10,000,000
• Capital Fund Reserve, Q526 $ 11,923,223
• General Contingency Reserve, Q421 $ 11,000,000
4) The financial statements of the Halifax Regional Municipality Miscellaneous Trust Funds for the year ended March 31, 2021; and,
5) The appointment of KPMG to be the External Auditors for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2021.
6) The Fourth Quarter 2020/21 Financial Report.
6. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
7. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – TBD
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact
Annie Sherry, Legislative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-943-8741