Time: 12:30 p.m.
Location: Halifax Hall, 2nd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: July 6, 2022 Board of Police Commissioners Draft Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 20, 2022
4. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
5. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
6. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
7. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – June 20, 2022
7.1 Halifax Regional Police/Royal Canadian Mounted Police Chief Updates
8. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
8.3.1 Presentation – Request to Create a Policy Regarding Police Action Where People are Sleeping in Tents in Public Spaces – Robin Tress [PDF]
9. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
10.1.1 Board of Police Commissioners 2021 Annual Report – Draft Report [PDF]
- Motion Memo [PDF]
That the Halifax Board of Police Commissioners:
1. Approve the Board of Police Commissioners 2021 Annual Report as presented; and
2. Direct that the approved Board of Police Commissioners 2021 Annual Report be forwarded to Halifax Regional Council for information.
10.1.2 Halifax Regional Police and Halifax District Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Crime Statistics
(i) Halifax Regional Police – Biannual Crime Statistics [PDF]
(ii) Halifax District Royal Canadian Mounted Police Statistical Overview January to June Comparisons [PDF]
10.2 MEMBERS OF BOARD OF POLICE COMMISSIONERS
10.2.1 Commissioner Critchley – Staff report regarding police enforcement of P-600 [PDF]
That the Chair of the Halifax Board of Police Commissioners (the “Board”) direct the Chief Officer of the Halifax Regional Police (“HRP”) and recommend that the Chief Superintendent of the Halifax District Royal Canadian Mounted Police (“RCMP”) prepare staff reports to be received by the Board at its August meeting. These reports should briefly outline all policies, procedures, and other operational guidance provided to officers regarding the enforcement of subsections 8(1) and 8(2) of Halifax Regional Municipality By-Law P-600 Respecting Municipal Parks (“P-600”).
10.3 COMMISSIONER UPDATES
11. ADDED ITEMS
12. ITEMS FOR FUTURE CONSIDERATION
13. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
The Board of Police Commissioners may rise and go into a private In Camera (In Private) session, in accordance with Section 51 of the Nova Scotia Police Act for the purposes of dealing with the following:
13.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – June 20, 2022
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of June 20, 2022 be approved as circulated.
Private and Confidential Information Items
1. Private and Confidential In Camera (In Private) Information Report - re: Personnel Conduct Matter
2. Private and Confidential In Camera (In Private) Information Report - re: Personnel Conduct Matter
14. NOTICES OF MOTION
15. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – August 3, 2022 – if required
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated June 24, 2022 re: Presentation Requests
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902-240-7164.
To submit correspondence, email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council