Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – September 15, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations – None.
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1 AUDITOR GENERAL – NONE
12.2.1 Investment Activities – Quarter ending June 30, 2021 [PDF]
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee forward this report to Halifax Regional Council as an information item.
12.2.2 Award – NRFP 21-164 – Halifax Commons Aquatic Project [PDF]
That the Audit & Finance Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Approve an unbudgeted withdrawal in the amount of $1,538,135 (net HST included), from the General Contingency Reserve, Q421; and
2. Increase 2021/22 Capital Project Number CB210020 – Halifax Common Pool Reconstruction by $1,538,135 (net HST Included); and
3. Award NRFP 21-164 – Halifax Commons Aquatic Project, to the highest scoring proponent meeting specifications, Marco Construction Limited, at a cost of $18,134,293 (net HST included) with funding from Project Account No. CB210020 – Halifax Common Pool Reconstruction and Project Account No. CB190008 – Energy Efficiency Initiatives, as outlined in the Financial section of this report.
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Approve an unbudgeted withdrawal in the amount of $559,374 from the Fleet Vehicle & Equipment Reserve, Q531 in the current fiscal year
2. Approve a budget increase of $559,374 to capital project BT31 HRFE Power & Backhaul Upgrades.
3. Award Alternative Procurement # 21-1168 for the HRFE Pager System upgrade to Bell Mobility Radio for $559,374 (net HST included) plus operating costs, with the option to extend beyond the initial five (5) year term subject to operational requirements as outlined in the Financial Implications section of this report subject to terms and conditions that are acceptable to the Municipality.
12.3 GRANTS COMMITTEE – NONE
12.4 COMMITTEE MEMBERS - NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
14.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – September 15, 2021
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of September 15, 2021 be approved as circulated.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – November 17, 2021
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE