This meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – August 18, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations – None.
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1 AUDITOR GENERAL
12.1.1 Management of Fire Inspection Program Audit
- Presentation [PDF]
12.2.1 Funding of Station Alerting Project (CI210013)
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee approve the transfer of $275,000 from capital project CI190005 – Intelligent Dispatching to capital project CI210013 – Station Alerting in the 2021/22 fiscal year.
12.2.2 First Quarter 2021-22 Financial Report
- Presentation [PDF]
That the Audit & Finance Standing Committee forward the First Quarter 2021/22 Financial Report to Regional Council for their information.
12.2.3 Award – Tender 21-175 – Grahams Grove Facility
That the Audit & Finance Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Approve an unbudgeted withdrawal in the amount of $639,621 (net HST included), from the General Contingency Reserve, Q421; and
2. Increase 2021/22 Capital Project Number CB200010 – Regional Park Washrooms by $639,621 (net HST Included); and
3. Approve an increase of $18,361 (net HST included) to RHAD Architects (PO 2070833916), for additional consulting services with funding from Project Account No. CB200010 – Regional Park Washrooms; and
4. Award Tender No. 21-175 Grahams Grove Facility, to the lowest bidder meeting specifications, Avondale Construction Limited , at a cost of $2,299,165 (net HST included) with funding from Project Account No. CB200010 – Regional Park Washrooms; Project Account No. CB190008 – Energy Efficiency Initiatives; Project Account No. CB190009 Environmental Remediation/Building Demolition and CB200012 – HalifACT 2050 – Climate Action Plan, as outlined in the Financial section of this report.
12.3 GRANTS COMMITTEE – NONE
12.4 COMMITTEE MEMBERS - NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – October 20, 2021
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact
Annie Sherry, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-943-8741