This application has a new case number. This application was previously referenced as Case 24654.
JHAL Ltd., on behalf of the property owner, is requesting to enter into a development agreement to allow a 14-storey mixed-use building containing 148 residential units at 247 Main Street, Dartmouth.
The applicant wishes to enter into a development agreement to construct a 14-storey mixed-use building containing 148 residential units and two commercial units. The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
- 14-storey building
- 148 residential units, including a mix of bachelor, one-bedroom, one-bedroom plus den, and two-bedroom units
- Two ground-floor commercial units intended to service building occupants
- Four levels of underground parking containing 144 vehicle parking spaces and 70 bicycle parking spaces
- Indoor and outdoor amenity space for use by building occupants
- Landscaped yards and walkways
- Proposed access off Kuhn Road (HRM-owned paved portion)
- Property owner is proposing to extend wastewater service (sanitary sewer) to the site
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to the proposed building, driveway access, landscaping, site servicing, and amenity space.
The application will be considered under the Development Agreement Process.
The applicant has submitted revised plans showing a change to proposed access and relocation of main entrance and underground parking entrance to the HRM-owned portion of Kuhn Road. Staff are reviewing these revised plans. The next step for this application will be public engagement.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted revised plans and studies required by municipal staff to properly evaluate the application.
Project Rationale (Updated)
Servicing Schematic (Updated)
Traffic Impact Statement (Updated)
Architectural Drawings (Site Plan, Floor Plans, Building Elevations) (Updated)
Preliminary Landscape Plan (Updated)
Rendering of Proposed Building (Updated)