JHAL Ltd., on behalf of the property owner, is requesting to enter into a development agreement to allow a 14-storey mixed-use building containing 148 residential units at 247 Main Street, Dartmouth.
The applicant wishes to enter into a development agreement to construct a 14-storey mixed-use building containing 148 residential units and two commercial units. The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
- 14-storey building
- 148 residential units, including a mix of bachelor, one-bedroom, one-bedroom plus den, and two-bedroom units
- Two ground-floor commercial units intended to service building occupants
- Four levels of underground parking containing 144 vehicle parking spaces and 70 bicycle parking spaces
- Indoor and outdoor amenity space for use by building occupants
- Landscaped yards and walkways
- Proposed access off Kuhn Road
- Property owner is proposing to extend wastewater service (sanitary sewer) to the site
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to the proposed building, driveway access, landscaping, site servicing, and amenity space.
The application will be considered under the Development Agreement Process.
Currently this application is at the review team stage of the process where the request is reviewed by internal municipal staff from Development Engineering including Traffic Services, Building Standards, Civic Addressing, Transit, Parking Services, and Fire Protection Services as well as externally by Halifax Water, Nova Scotia Power, and Halifax Regional Centre for Education. Once review of the application materials is complete, this application will move forward to the public engagement phase.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by municipal staff to properly evaluate the application.
Project Rationale (PDF)
Zoning Matrix (Project Information) (PDF)
Aerial Photograph (PDF)
Servicing Schematic (PDF)
Traffic Impact Statement (PDF)
Architectural Drawings (Site Plan, Floor Plans, Building Elevations) (PDF)
Landscape Plans (PDF)