The newest recruit of Halifax Regional Police recently reunited a lost child with her parents.
Over the weekend, Blue, HRP’s mascot, was meeting children and families as part of Bedford Days. While walking around the grounds, Blue was approached by a 4-year-old girl who said she could not locate her mother. Blue and an HRP volunteer stayed with the girl and re-united her with her mother after a short while.
HRP reminds parents that there are steps you can take to keep your child safe:
• Discuss with your child what to do if lost and pre-arrange a meeting place.
• Don't allow your child to go to a public washroom alone.
• Teach your child emergency numbers as well as your home and work numbers and addresses.
• Walk your neighbourhood with your child and learn their usual routes. Point out potential hazards to your child and explain the dangers.
• Know where your child is and what time they will be home.
• Keep a list of their friends' phone numbers and addresses.