Friday, May 6, 2016 (Halifax, NS) – Workshops are planned for the coming weeks throughout the municipality for anyone interested in running for a seat on Halifax Regional Council, the Halifax Regional School Board, or the Conseil scolaire acadien provincial.
Considering the idea of running but not exactly sure what’s involved? These sessions are for you. Workshops will touch on everything from how to get nominated, key dates leading up to the Oct. 15, 2016 election, and what time commitments can be expected both in running for office, and after being elected.
In preparation for these workshops, municipal elections staff has worked closely with current members of Regional Council to get their input on the rewarding benefits, demands, and responsibilities of being a councillor.
Representatives from Regional Council will be presenting with elections staff at these workshops.
Candidate sessions are planned for:
- Wednesday, May 11 – Canada Games Centre, Community Centre Room
- Monday, May 16 – Halifax Central Library, Room 301
- Thursday, May 26 – Cole Harbour Place, Harbour Room
- Tuesday, May 31 – Sackville Public Library, Fenerty Room
- Monday, June 6 – Alderney Gate Public Library, Helen Creighton Room
*All sessions will begin at 7 p.m.
For more information, including a candidate’s handbook, how to ensure you’re on the voters list, timing of the advanced poll, e-voting, and election day, visit Halifax.ca/election