At 4:30 p.m., HRP responded to assist Halifax Regional Fire and Emergency at the Islamic Community Center, 777 Kearney Lake Road. Information was received that there was a fire in the basement, with smoke coming from the building. The fire was extinguished and damage was contained to the basement of the center. Two adults and five children who were upstairs had evacuated the building when the fire first started. One adult was treated by EHS for minor smoke inhalation. It is unclear at this time how the fire started as the matter is still under investigation at this time.