Update - October 2, 2013 (4:40 a.m.)
The 22-year-old man will appear in court this morning on the following charges:
- S.239 - Attempted Murder
- S.145(3)- Fail to comply with a recognizance (2 counts)
- S. 86(1) - Careless use, handling of a firearm
- S. 87 - Pointing a firearm
- S. 88 - Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- S. 92 - Possession of firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- S. 95 - Possession of prohibited/restricted firearm with ammunition
- S. 117.01 - Possession of firearm contrary to prohibition order (2 counts)
- S. 244 - Discharging a firearm with intent
October 1, 2013 (2:20 p.m.)
Police have arrested a man in connection with a shooting that occurred last July in Halifax.
On July 6, at 2:20 a.m., Halifax Regional Police responded to the Red Fox Beverage Room located at 7071 Bayers Road for a report of a man who had been shot. The victim, a 22-year-old man from Halifax, exited the bar and was approached by another man who fired several shots, striking the victim several times. The suspect then fled the area.
Today at 1:15 p.m., investigators with the HRP/RCMP Integrated General Investigation Section arrested a 22-year-old Halifax man without incident. He is presently in custody and charges are anticipated.