Police have charged 15 people in relation to an assault at the Central Nova Scotia Correctional Facility that occurred earlier this month.
At 8 p.m. on December 2, Halifax Regional Police responded to a report of an assault at the Central Nova Scotia Correctional Centre located at 90 Gloria McCluskey Avenue in Dartmouth. A 46-year-old male inmate was assaulted by a group of inmates. The victim sustained life-threatening injuries and was transported to hospital.
Today, investigators with the General Investigation Section of the Integrated Criminal Investigation Division laid the following charges against the below individuals:
• Conspiracy to commit murder
• Attempt to commit murder
• Forcible confinement
• Aggravated assault
• Assault with a weapon
• Resisting/obstructing a peace officer
• 37-year-old Brian James Marriott
• 41-year-old Kaz Henry Cox
• 25-year-old Austin Michael Mitton
• 32-year-old Andriko Jamal Crawley
• 24-year-old Wesley Todd Hardiman
• 32-year-old Colin Eric Ladelpha
• 32-year-old Kevin Edward Clarke-McNeil
• 35-year-old Matthew Ross Lambert
• 27-year-old Robert Victor Fraser
• 31-year-old Matthew Francis Coaker
• 29-year-old Kirk Kenman Carridice
• 32-year-old Omar Orlando McIntosh
• 40-year-old Geevan Nagendran
• 40-year-old Sophon Sek
• 22-year-old Jacob Matthew Lilly. Lilly has also been charged with assaulting a peace officer.
The accused will appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court at a later date to face the charges
Investigators are asking anyone with information about this incident to call police at 902-490-5020. Anonymous tips can be sent to Crime Stoppers by calling toll-free 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submitting a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca or by using the P3 Tips app.