Police have charged a man with firearms and driving offences in relation to an incident that occurred in Halifax early yesterday morning.
On June 28 at approximately 12:15 a.m. Central Division patrol officers attempted to stop a vehicle on Barrington Street. The driver did not stop and turned on to Rector Street where the vehicle came to a stop after striking a stop sign. The occupants of the vehicle fled on foot. Officers arrested the driver a short distance from the vehicle and seized a quantity of alcohol, a rifle and magazines.
Jared Alexander Taylor, 26, was scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court yesterday to face charges of:
- possession of a weapon dangerous to the public
- unauthorized possession of firearm
- possession of firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- unauthorized possession in a motor vehicle
- unsafe storage of a firearm
- possession of weapon or ammunition contrary to a court order (x3)
- flight from police
- dangerous operation
- resist arrest
- impaired operation of a conveyance
- impaired operation of a conveyance over 80 mg%
- breach of a court order (x2)