Police have now charged a man in relation to seven robberies that occurred over the last month, one in Dartmouth and six in Halifax.
- On February 11, shortly after 2 a.m., a lone male entered the Need’s Store located in the Shell Gas Station located at 2616 Robie Street in Halifax and demanded cash. The man left the store on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash and no one was injured in the incident.
- Later that same day at approximately 2:05 p.m., police responded to a report of a robbery at the C Shop located at 6141 Young Street. A man had entered the store and demanded money from the cashier. A quantity of money was turned over to the man before he fled the area toward Young St. There was no weapon seen or indicated in this robbery and no injuries to the cashier.
- On March 1 at approximately 9:03 p.m., police responded to a report of a robbery that had just occurred at the Griffin’s Smoke Shop located at 2651 Windsor Street. On arrival it was learned that a man had entered the store and demanded money from the clerk. There were no injuries to the clerk and the suspect fled the area on foot with an amount of cash.
- On March 6 at approximately 1:45 p.m., officers responded to a robbery that had just occurred at the Griffin’s Smoke Shop, 210 Wyse Road in Dartmouth. A man entered the store, approached the clerk and demanded cash. The suspect obtained a package of cigarettes and a quantity of cash. He left the store on foot and was last seen travelling north on Wyse Road. The employee was not injured and the suspect did not have a weapon.
- On March 7 at approximately 9:38 a.m., officers responded to a suspicious person call at Scotia Square, 5201 Duke Street in Halifax. A man had entered two stores and demanded money after making a small purchase. The first incident occurred at BP Corner News, 1903 Barrington Street, and the second incident occurred at the Dollarama inside Scotia Square. The store employees were not injured and the suspect did not show a weapon.
- At approximately 9:45 a.m., officers responded to a robbery that had just occurred at the Griffins Smoke Shop, 6976 Mumford Road. A man entered the store, approached the clerk and demanded cash. The suspect obtained a quantity of cash and cigarettes and left the store on foot. A nearby security guard pursued the suspect and apprehended the man a short distance away. The store employee and the security guard were not injured and the suspect did not have a weapon. Upon arrival police arrested a 29-year-old Halifax man without incident.
Members of the General Investigation Section of the Integrated Criminal Investigation Division have charged Anthony James Guitard with five counts of robbery and two counts of attempted robbery. Guitard is scheduled to appear at Halifax Provincial Court today to face these charges.
17-21274, 21502, 30947, 33912, 33913 & 34108