HRM Partners in Policing encourage motorists to drive safely this long weekend.
As there will be more traffic on the roads and highways this long-weekend, it's important to remember the following safety tips so we can all do our part in staying safe:
- Maintain your vehicle: Check the tread and air pressure in your tires. Good brakes and clean windows, headlights, and taillights are all important not only for getting there, but getting there safe.
- Focus on driving: Don't become distracted by using your phone to call or text.
- Be (more) courteous: Yielding rather than speeding to cut someone off or allowing a vehicle to yield that has indicated with their blinker.
- Stay sober: Plan ahead by having a designated driver or staying the night.
- Remember to wear your seatbelt.