Monday, Nov. 9, 2015 (Halifax, NS) – The Halifax Regional Municipality is advising residents there will be a number of rolling street closures and traffic delays around the Halifax region on Wednesday, Nov. 11, as Remembrance Day processions make their way to ceremonies honouring our veterans and those still serving with the Canadian Armed Forces.
Parades will be marching to the following locations on Wednesday morning:
- Cenotaph at Sackville Heritage Park, Memory Lane, Sackville, starting at 10:45 a.m.
- Cenotaph at Grand Parade, Halifax, starting at 10:30 a.m.
- Cenotaph at Sullivan's Pond, Dartmouth, starting at 10:30 a.m.
- Province House, Halifax, starting at 10:20 a.m.
- Royal Canadian Legion, Dieppe Branch #90, Rocky Lake Drive, Waverley, starting at 10:30 a.m.
- Cenotaph at the Royal Canadian Legion Hall, Sussex Street, Spryfield, starting at 10:45 a.m.
The groups will march back after the respective ceremonies wrap up, so there may be traffic delays as late as 12:30 p.m. in some areas. There may also be smaller processions not included here for events in other areas of the municipality.
Police will be escorting the parades and directing traffic in the surrounding areas, so motorists are advised to obey officers on the street and watch for increased pedestrian volumes throughout the morning.