Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES – NONE
3. 2019/20 Budget Adjustment List for Consideration REVISED [PDF]
i) Public Participation
That the Budget Committee direct the CAO to finalize the 2019/20 Proposed Budget and Business Plans as previously directed, including:
i) A $600,000 reduction in the 2019/20 Fiscal Services budget;
ii) The use of an additional $600,000 from the projected 2018/19 Halifax Transit budget surplus as a one-time change to fund costs of the Moving Forward Transit Plan, and:
iii) any additional changes adopted by the Committee from the Budget Adjustment List.
3.i) Navigator Suburban/Rural Pilot [PDF]
That Halifax Regional Council:
1. Direct the CAO to negotiate a Grant or Contribution Agreement with a party (or parties) identified by the Housing and Homelessness Partnership’s (HHP) Homelessness Working Group, and that the agreement include the key terms and conditions identified in Attachment 1 of the staff report dated February 19, 2019; and
2. Authorize the Mayor and Municipal Clerk to execute the agreement subject to review and approval as to form and authority by Legal Services.
1. Memorandum from the Director of Finance, Asset Management and ICT/CFO dated February 21, 2019 re: Shape Your City, Shape Your Budget 2019 – Public Consultation Results [PDF]