Time: 9:30 a.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
Minutes: January 20, 2021 Special Budget Committee Meeting Minutes (PDF)
Summary of recorded votes: January 20, 2021 Special Budget Committee Meeting Summary of Recorded Votes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES – NONE
3. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
4. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
5. Strategic Initiatives Funding Plan [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
It is recommended that Budget Committee direct the Chief Administrative Officer to:
1. Include in the 2021/22 to 2024/25 Operating Budget dedicated funding for strategic initiatives in the form of an annual budget allocation to Reserves, including the Principal and Interest Reserve Q631 that is used to fund debt payments for initiatives directly linked to advancing the objectives of HalifACT2050; advancing the Rapid Transit Initiative, and renovations to the Ragged Lake Bus Terminal; and advancing the Integrated Mobility Plan and other projects as identified by Regional Council that are deemed to be strategic initiatives; and,
2. return to Regional Council no later than June 2021 with a revised Reserve strategy including a review of all reserve business cases, recommendations on the number and classification of reserves and their relationship to Strategic Initiatives; and,
3. as part of the Fiscal Sustainability Strategy return to Regional Council with revised debt levels and measurement and their relationship to the Strategic Initiatives.