Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES – NONE
3. 2020/21 Capital Budget Recommendation
- Staff Recommendation report dated October 31, 2019 [PDF]
- Supplementary Information report dated December 5, 2019 [PDF]
- Draft Capital Plan [PDF]
- Handout - Supplementary Briefing Note - Keshen Goodman Library [PDF]
That the Budget Committee recommend Halifax Regional Council to:
1. Approve the capital budget for 2020/21, and approve in-principle the 2021/22 and 2022/23 capital budgets as per Attachment 1 of the staff report dated October 31, 2019;
2. Approve the schedule of 2020/21 reserves withdrawals as per Attachment 2 of the staff report dated October 31, 2019;
3. Approve the schedule of multi-year projects as per Attachment 4 of the staff report dated October 31, 2019;
4. Approve an increase in debt funding for 2020/21, 2021/22 and 2022/23 capital projects as described in the staff report dated October 31, 2019.
4. Integrated Mobility Plan and Infrastructure Projects [PDF]
That the Budget Committee direct the Chief Administrative Officer to prioritize Integrated Mobility Plan (IMP) related projects as part of the capital budget process considering the principles and considerations outlined in the staff reports presented to the Budget Committee in July and September 2019 and return for approval to the Budget Committee for development of the 2021-2022 budget.
5. 2020/21 Fiscal Framework and Fiscal Services
- Report [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
ii) Public Participation
That Halifax Regional Council:
1. Direct the Chief Administrative Officer to develop the 2020/21 Budget according to Council’s approved priorities, and preliminary fiscal direction, including setting the property tax bill for residential homes and commercial properties at a 1.5% increase; and,
2. Approve the preliminary Fiscal Services budget and business plan as attached to the staff report dated December 3, 2019.