1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES – June 8, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
5. Effectiveness of the Front End Processor and Waste Stabilization Facility [PDF]
- Staff Presentation
That Committee of the Whole recommend that Halifax Regional Council direct the Chief Administrative Officer:
1. To work with Mirror Nova Scotia Limited to submit a joint application to Nova Scotia Environment to deactivate the operation of the Front End Processor (FEP) and Waste Stabilization Facility (WSF) at the Otter Lake Waste Processing and Disposal Facility (Otter Lake) on the condition that:
a. The FEP/WSF be maintained in standby mode (i.e., operable state);
b. Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional (ICI) waste continue to not be landfilled at Otter Lake and continue to be processed through the transfer station and exported to other licensed landfills; and
c. The Community Monitoring Committee be consulted on any further proposed changes to the operations at Otter Lake.
2. To negotiate an extension to contract timelines with Mirror Nova Scotia Limited as outlined in the Discussion Section (Next Steps) of the staff report dated June 18, 2021 and return to Council with a recommendation.