Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Council Chamber, City Hall
Minutes: June 5, 2018 Committee of the Whole Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
3. COGSWELL DISTRICT REDEVELOPMENT 60 PERCENT DESIGN AND APPROVAL
- Report [PDF]
i) Presentation [PDF]
That Halifax Regional Council;
1. Approve the 60% Design Plan for Cogswell District Redevelopment attached to the staff report dated May 2, 2018 as Attachment A and authorize staff to release a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for Constructor services based on the 60% design plan.
2. Direct the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to complete negotiations with landowners for land associated with the proposed Granville Square, Valour Way roundabout, and the proposed park area adjacent the wastewater treatment facility.
3. Direct the CAO to complete the 90% design development and present the final detailed public realm design elements in advance of proceeding to procure Constructor services for the Redevelopment.
4. Initiate the process to consider amendments to the Downtown Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy and Land Use By-law to incorporate necessary changes to address building design requirements within the Cogswell District and follow the public participation program adopted by Council on February 25, 1997 (Attachment F).
5. Direct the CAO to provide a report and recommendation through the Audit and Finance Standing Committee which identifies a funding source for flood mitigation measures adjacent to the Karlson’s Wharf area, once project scope and budget have been finalized, such that the measures can be implemented in conjunction with the Cogswell District Redevelopment.
PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION ITEMS
1. Private and Confidential In Camera (In Private) Information Report - re: Cogswell District Redevelopment 60 Percent Design and Approval