Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
Minutes: May 26, 2020 Budget Committee Minutes (PDF)
Summary of recorded votes: May 26, 2020 Budget Committee Special Meeting Summary of Recorded Votes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES – NONE
3. Proposed 2020/21 Budget Recast for COVID-19 Impacts (Continuation from May 22)
- Report [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
That the Budget Committee direct the Chief Administrative Officer to revise the 2020/21 Proposed Operating and Capital Budgets, as voted on by Regional Council’s Committee of the Whole on Budget at their February 12, 2020 meeting, using the revisions proposed in the staff report dated May 1, 2020 as summarized in Table 3, supported by attachment C and D.
i) Supplementary Information Report - REVISED [PDF]
ii) Supplementary Report – Board of Police Commissioners [PDF]
That the Budget Committee receive the Board of Police Commissioners additional Halifax Regional Police 2020/2021 budget considerations for a budget reduction of either $4.5 million or $3.5 million in comparison to the proposed $5 million budget reduction.
iii) Supplementary Information Report – Halifax Regional Fire & Emergency [PDF]
iv) Supplementary Report - Corporate Accommodations – CB190011 [PDF]
That Budget Committee approve the proposed capital budget of $3.627 Million dollars for fiscal year 2020/21 to capital budget account CB190011 - Corporate Accommodations.
4. 2020/21 Budget Adjustment List (Post COVID) for Consideration [PDF]
That the Budget Committee direct the Chief Administrative Officer to finalize a Proposed Budget for Regional Council that includes any accepted items from the Budget Adjustment List to be added/removed to/from the 2020/21 Proposed Recast Operating and Capital Budget.
- Briefing Note - CCV02301 – CCV02316 District Capital - REVISED [PDF]
- Briefing Note - CB000046 Corporate Accommodations Alderney [PDF]
- Briefing Note - CT190001 Streetscaping [PDF]
- Briefing Note - NACTO and Other Memberships [PDF]