1. CALL TO ORDER
2. SPECIAL COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
SELECTION OF DEPUTY MAYOR
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – October 16, 2018
4. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
5. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
6. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
7. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
8. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
9. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
10. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
11. PUBLIC HEARING – NONE
12. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
13. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – October 30, 2018
13.1 Councillor Smith - 2018 Citizen Survey - Results [PDF]
14.1 CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
14.1.1 Appointment of Building Official [PDF]
That Halifax Regional Council appoint Dawson Patterson as a Building Official, pursuant to Section 5(2) of the Nova Scotia Building Code Act. This appointment is effective for the duration of their assignment to the duties of a Building Official with Halifax Regional Municipality.
14.1.2 Regulatory Modernization Joint Project - Results and Next Steps [PDF]
That Halifax Regional Council extend the Regulatory Modernization Joint Project collaboration with the Province of Nova Scotia and Business Advisory Panel for a period of two (2) years, to December 31st, 2020.
14.1.3 Amendments to Administrative Order 2015-004-OP, Respecting Traffic Calming (Supplementary Report) [PDF]
That Halifax Regional Council, with respect to Administrative Order 2015-004-OP, Respecting Traffic Calming:
1. Maintain the requirement that a street be greater than 150m in length to be eligible for traffic calming;
2. Maintain the 85th percentile speed criteria of 35 km/h during school arrival and dismissal times;
3. Maintain the 85th percentile speed criteria of 45 km/h for residential streets; and
4. Direct the Chief Administrative Officer to proceed with publicly posting on the HRM website all of the traffic calming reviews that have taken place over the past 5 years.
14.2 TRANSPORTATION STANDING COMMITTEE
14.2.1 Access-A-Bus Span of Service and Support Persons [PDF]
That Halifax Regional Council direct Halifax Transit to remove existing weekday time of day restrictions on Access-A-Bus usage, and provide service to registered clients for a minimum service day of 6:00 am to 12:00 am from Monday to Friday.
14.3 GRANTS COMMITTEE
14.3.1 Business Improvement District (BID) Contribution Fund 2018 Recommended Awards [PDF]
That Halifax Regional Council approve the eight (8) awards as detailed in Attachment 1 of the September 10, 2018 staff report for a combined total of $107,000 from operating account C771-6919.
14.3.2 Interim Community Museums Grants Program - Recommended Awards Fiscal Year 2018 [PDF]
That Halifax Regional Council approve ten (10) operating grants and one (1) project grant as detailed in Attachment 1 of the staff report dated October 12, 2018 at a combined cost of $100,000 in fiscal year 2018-19 from Operating Account M310-8004.
14.4 MEMBERS OF COUNCIL
14.4.1 Councillor Craig - Lake District Recreation Association Service Agreement Renewal [PDF]
That Halifax Regional Council direct staff to prepare a report to respond to a request from the Lake District Recreation Association (letter attached) for HRM to renew their Service Agreement and annual funding.
16. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
16.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – October 16, 2018
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of October 16, 2018 be approved as circulated.
16.2 PROPERTY MATTER - Memorial Library Site – Private and Confidential Report
- Report [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF - 27 Mb]
A matter pertaining to providing instruction and direction to officers and employees of the Municipality pertaining to the acquisition / sale of land in regard to:
That Halifax Regional Council
1. direct the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to develop a proposal for the former Memorial Library building as outlined in the private and confidential staff report dated October 22, 2018 and return to Council with recommendations for further considerations.
2. not release the private and confidential staff report dated October 22, 2018.
17. ADDED ITEMS
18. NOTICES OF MOTION
November 13, 2018
1. Proclamation – National Child Day – November 20, 2018 [PDF]
2. Memorandum from the Chair of the Transportation Standing Committee dated November 1, 2018 re: 2018/19 First Quarter Halifax Transit Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Report [PDF]
3. Memorandum from the Director of Legal, Municipal Clerk and External Affairs dated September 11, 2018 re: Review of Code of Conduct for Elected Officials (Administrative Order 52) [PDF]
4. Memorandum from the Director of Human Resources/Office of Diversity and Inclusion dated July 9, 2018 re: Diverse Voices for Change – Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) Project Update [PDF]
5. Memorandum from the Municipal Clerk dated November 5, 2018 re: Requests for Presentation to Council - None [PDF]