1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES – NONE
3. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
4. First Reading Proposed By-law C-1100, Respecting HRM Election Campaign Financing
- Report [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
That Committee of the Whole recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Give First Reading of By-law C-1100, the Campaign Financing By-law, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated August 15, 2018.
2. Direct staff to conduct a review of By-law C-1100 after the next regular election and return to the Executive Standing Committee with their findings; and
3. Request a staff report regarding the introduction of an administrative order on the use of HRM corporate resources during an election.