HRP/RCMP Partners in Policing remind you that would-be thieves don’t take a March Break.
Empty homes could be an easy target. Here are some tips to help prevent a break-in while you're vacationing during March Break:
- Make sure all doors and windows are locked.
- Take steps to make your home appear occupied:
- Have mail and newspapers collected.
- Arrange to have snow removed from your walkways, driveway and vehicles.
- Leave interior lights on or use timers to turn lights off and on.
- Ask a trusted friend or family member to keep an eye on your property.
- Refrain from announcing your vacation plans on social media or on your telephone answering system. Save your social media posts about your vacation until you’re back.
Whether you’re going on vacation or not, we wish you a safe and enjoyable March Break!