A dial-in or live broadcast of this meeting is not available. In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca within three business days.
1. CALL TO ORDER
Mi’kmaq Land Acknowledgment
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – March 4, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.3.1 Overview of ISANS Programs & Our Work with Women – Jennifer Watts, CEO of Immigrant Services Association of Nova Scotia (ISANS) [PDF]
7.3.2 Immigrant Migrant Women's Association of Halifax - who we are and what we do - Maria Jose Yax-Fraser and Nenyo Kwasitsu, Immigrant Migrant Women's Association of Halifax [PDF]
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 Update on GBA+ from Office of Diversity and Inclusion
9.2.1 Inviting Home for Good Project to Present to Councillors [PDF]
That the Women’s Advisory Committee recommend that the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council invite Home for Good Project members to present the findings of their housing research project in order to provide an understanding of gendered housing issues specific to HRM.
9.2.2 GBA+ training for all members of the Halifax Regional Council [PDF]
That the Women’s Advisory Committee recommend the Executive Standing Committee request a staff report regarding the implementation of the Federal Government’s Gender-Based Analysis Plus (GBA+) program as part of the Councillor training and orientation for all current and future members of the Halifax Regional Council.
9.2.3 GBA+ training for all staff members of the Halifax Regional Municipality [PDF]
That the Women’s Advisory Committee recommend that the Executive Standing Committee request a staff report regarding the implementation of the Federal Government’s Gender-Based Analysis Plus (GBA+) free, self-paced training for all current and future staff members of the Halifax Regional Municipality as part of the employee training.
9.2.4 Presentation on Anti-Asian Racism by Christine Qin Yang [PDF]
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – May 6, 2021
1. Approved Women’s Advisory Committee 2021 Work Plan (Approved by Executive Standing Committee on March 22, 2021) [PDF]
2. "End Anti-Asian Racism" campaign by Hon. Mary Ng, Canada’s Minister of Small Business, Export Promotion and International Trade
3. UNICEF Canada Condemns Anti-Asian Attacks and Discrimination
4. APF Canada Condemns Racist, Misogynist Mass Shootings in Atlanta, Georgia
5. End Anti-East Asian Racism Campaign by City of Toronto
6. The Asia-Canada timeline presented by The Canadian Encyclopedia
7. Statement of Anti-Asian Racism by Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Haruka Aoyama, Legislative Assistant, at AoyamaHa@halifax.ca or 902-490-6517 or 902-579-7239