Find out what’s happening at committee meetings and learn how you can participate.
The Special Events Advisory Committee makes recommendations to Regional Council regarding applications for funding for large-scale special events within the municipality that support and generate economic and tourism development, pursuant to the Marketing Levy Special Events Reserve Administrative Order 2014-020-GOV [PDF]. The Administrative Order also includes the committee’s Terms of Reference [PDF].
In pursuant to Administrative Order Number 2020-009-ADM Respecting COVID-19 section 3(a), grant may be allocated or awarded by Council without the HRM Grants Committee or HRM Special Events Advisory Committee reviewing, evaluating, or recommending the grant.
For future meetings, check the calendar below, and the agenda (once available) to confirm the exact date and time for each meeting.
Learn more about the Special Events Advisory Committee by reading their 2018 Summary here.
Special Events Advisory Committee Meetings
Membership of the Special Events Advisory Committee
- Councillor Paul Russell - Chair - District 15 - Lower Sackville
- Councillor Tony Mancini - Vice Chair - District 6—Harbourview-Burnside-Dartmouth East
- Councillor Kathryn Morse - District 10 - Bedford Basin West
- Tim Rissesco, Business Improvement District
- Ross Jefferson, Discover Halifax
- Todd Brayman, Business and Tourism Organization
- Gordon Stewart, Restaurant Association of Nova Scotia
- Alison Gillan, Halifax Partnership
- Mark Schaay, Hotel Association NS
Staff contact for the Special Events Advisory Committee