Effective July 6, 2020, HRM will no longer accept bid security in the form of certified cheques, irrevocable letter of credit or cash. As of this date, only electronic bid bonds will be accepted by HRM. More information about bonds can be found at the Surety Association of Canada.
At this time tax sale bids do not require bid security. The successful tax sale bidder will be given three (3) business days after awarding of the tender to pay the successful bid amount in full by cash, certified cheque, money order, bank draft or lawyer’s trust cheque and not otherwise.
Errors: If you encounter any issues with the online submission portal, please refer to the submission guide or email email@example.com
- Click here to create an account
- Once registered, login and click Request Access to gain access to the 'Procurement Bid Submission' form.
Click here to upload submission
- Format: Word, PDF and Excel files only
- Size: Total size of all attachments must not exceed 30 MB
- Qty: Total number of attachments must not exceed 10
Halifax Regional Municipality Tenders
Looking for a tender? The municipality's tenders are posted on the Nova Scotia Government's tender notices website.
The province of Nova Scotia has a supplier engagement group that helps vendors understand where to find tender opportunities for the entire public sector of Nova Scotia. The municipality encourages companies to take advantage the services offered by the province of Nova Scotia to remain aware of business opportunities in Halifax and beyond.
HRM strives for procurement transparency and best value for citizens and at times will leverage Provincial Procurement opportunities that are open to the MASH (Municipalities, Academic Institutions, Schools and Hospitals) sector under the Nova Scotia Public Procurement Act or otherwise. Any proponent interested in competing for HRM business for these or other procurement opportunities should monitor Provincial procurement opportunities as well as HRM on the provincial website.
Municipal opportunities that require a fee are available for pick up from the Customer Service Centre.
Notice of Participation
HRM strives for procurement transparency and best value for citizens and at times will take part in the following Collaborative Groups or Buying Groups:
- Procurements conducted by the Province of Nova Scotia including Nova Scotia MASH Sector Entities. For further information and access to Public Sector tender notices in the Province of Nova Scotia, please review the Nova Scotia Public Tenders website.
- Procurements eligible under the Canadian Collaborative Procurement Initiative (CCPI). For further information and access to Government of Canada tender notices, please review the Public Works and Government Services Canada website.
- Procurements conducted by NSFM/RMA. For further information and access to the NSFM/RMA tender notices, please review the MERX website.
- Procurements conducted by Kinetic GPO: For further information and access to Kinetic GPO tender notices, please review the Kinetic GPO website.
Contact the Procurement Office
Customer Service Centre
40 Alderney Drive, 1st Floor
Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
By phone: 902.490.4170
By fax: 902.490.6425
FAQ - Social Value Procurement at HRM
Supplier Code of Conduct