The following list contains links to various resources primarily in the form of grants available mainly to non-profit and charities located within Halifax Regional Municipality. If any of the links are not functioning properly you may e-mail email@example.com to report the problem.
- Active Transportation (AT) Grants Program: Grants to help community groups plan, build and maintain active transportation facilities as well as implement walking and cycling education and promotion projects.
- Affordable Housing Grant Program: The Affordable Housing Grant Program is an annual program eligible available to all registered non-profit or charitable organizations for the development or renovation of affordable housing units.
- Fee waiver for affordable housing developments: exclusive to non-profit affordable housing providers.
- Community Interest Property Sales: Less than market value property sales; non-profits and charities only. Surplus Land for Affordable Housing: Surplus municipal land that is suitable for the development of affordable housing is made available to registered non-profit or charitable housing organizations.
- Recreational Trails Grants Program: Grants to support the work of community associations in HRM who operate and maintain eligible recreational trails to support healthy living and recreation.
- Community Grants Program: Annual project and capital grant opportunities for eligible non-profits and charities.
- Tax Relief for Non-Profit Organizations Program: Non-profit organization may reduce their property tax payments through the Tax Relief for Non-Profit Organizations Program.
- Interim Community Museums Grant Program: Operating and project grant opportunities for eligible Community Museums.
- Professional Arts Grant Program: Operating and project grant opportunities for eligible not-for-profit professional arts organizations.
- Event Grants: Various types of event grant opportunities.
- Rural Transit Grant Program: Funding opportunities for not for profit groups providing transit services in Halifax Regional Municipality's rural communities.
- Heritage Incentives Program: Provides cost-shared grants to help property owners undertake exterior conservation and maintenance work on their registered heritage properties.
- Neighbourhood Placemaking. The program provides guidance and support to community members interested in hosting a project in their neighbourhood.
- Community Arts: Support for members of the public to think creatively about how they can connect with their communities and neighbourhoods through collaborative arts projects.
- Ground Search and Rescue Grants / EMO Organizations: Annual operating and capital grants to Ground Search and Rescue Groups operating under a Memorandum of Understanding with Halifax Regional Municipality’s Fire and Emergency Services.
- Solar City: The program offers financing to property owners in HRM who wish to install a solar energy system at their eligible property (residential, not for profit organizations, places of worship, cooperatives, and charities)