Halifax Regional Municipality’s Community Grants Program will be accepting applications for the 2018-2019 Program beginning January 4th, 2018
The deadline for applying is March 31, 2018.
Program guidebooks contain the application and will be available by:
Visiting one of our Customer Service Centres:
- Alderney Gate, 40 Alderney Drive, - Dartmouth, 1st floor.
- Acadia Centre, 636 Sackville Drive, Lower Sackville.
- Musquodoboit Harbour Strip Mall, Corner of Hwy #7 & East Petpeswick Road.
- Bayers Road, 7071 Bayers Road, 2nd floor.
- Scotia Square Mall, 5201 Duke Street, Halifax.
• Calling 311
- Download from this site here:
2018 Community Grants Program Guidebook and Application Form (application form now contained within the Program Guidebook)
Final Report - Form
Staff Evaluation Review Forms - Capital Grants Evaluation Form - Project Grant Evaluation Form - Ineligible Applicant Form
• E-mail - Nonprofitgrants@halifax.ca
The Community Grants Program provides annual cash grants to registered non-profit organizations and charities located throughout the Halifax region. There are two types of grants:
- a project grant of up to $5,000
- a capital grant of up to $25,000
At present, the program provides assistance to specific types of projects in the following categories:
- recreation and leisure
- affordable and supportive housing
- emergency assistance
- neighborhood safety
- community history
- community diversity
- community arts and crafts - Interpretation Bulletin [PDF]
The Community Grants Guidebook contains detailed eligibility criteria for the program and for each of the funding sectors. New guidebook produced annually.
See past recipients of Community Grants:
2016 - 2017 recipients
All of the following documents are in [PDF] format.
Contact the Community Grants Program
Community Grants Program
Finance and Asset Management
PO Box 1749
40 Alderney Drive, 5th Floor
Peta-Jane Temple - Team Lead, Grants and Contributions
Peter Greechan - Community Developer, Grants and Contributions
Shelley Hutt - Program Technician, Grants and Contributions