The legislated mandate and responsibilities of the Halifax Board of Police Commissioners is established by the Province and set out in the Police Act [PDF]. The Board of Police Commissioners Policy Manual provides the foundation for fulfilling the Board's mandate to provide civilian governance and oversight of police services provided within the Halifax Regional Municipality.
Please note that the Policy Manual will be updated periodically.
BOARD OF POLICE COMMISSIONERS POLICY MANUAL - Full [PDF]
1. - Introduction [PDF]
2. - Authority to Create Board Policies [PDF]
3. - Board Roles and Responsibilities [PDF]
4. - Role of Chair, Vice Chair, Meetings, Procedures Policy [PDF]
5. - Communications and Community Outreach Policy [PDF]
6. - Halifax Regional Police Business Plan/Budget Events Timeline [PDF]