Find out what’s happening at committee meetings and learn how you can participate.
The Grants Committee reviews, evaluates, and makes recommendations to Regional Council regarding:
- annual cash grants
- rent subsidies
- property tax exemptions
- less than market value property sales and leases to registered non-profit organizations and charities
More detail about the committee’s role can be found in the Terms of Reference [PDF].
The Grants Committee normally meets on the first Monday of each month, at 1:00 p.m. The Committee traditionally does not meet in July or August. If a meeting is required, a special meeting will be called. Meeting dates and times are subject to change. Check the calendar below, and the agenda (once available) to confirm the exact date and time for each meeting.
Learn more about the Grants Committee by reading their 2018 Summary here.
Presentations to Committee
If your organization would like to make a presentation to the Grants Committee, the request should be made in the form of a letter. The committee may accept or decline a request.
Presenters are granted a total of 20 minutes to present; ten minutes for your presentation, and ten for questions and answers by the committee members.
Grants Committee Meetings
- Councillor Cathy Deagle Gammon - District 1 - Waverley - Fall River - Musquodoboit Valley (Chair)
- Councillor Trish Purdy - Distict 4 - Cole Harbour - Westphal-Lake Loon - Cherry Brook
- Councillor Lindell Smith - District 8 - Halifax Peninsula North
- Councillor Lisa Blackburn, District 14 - Middle/Upper Sackville - Beaver Bank - Lucasville
- Alex Handyside
- Leona Milne
- Joseph Allen
- Emily Jackson
- Alana Baxter (Vice Chair)
- Stefan Ludin
Staff contact for the Grants Committee