1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – March 14 and 25, 2019
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.3 Presentations - None
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 Case 22222: Substantive Site Plan Approval – 1800 Argyle Street, Halifax (former World Trade and Convention Centre) [PDF]
That the Design Review Committee:
1. Approve the qualitative elements of the substantive site plan approval application for an addition and façade modifications to the first three storeys of the existing commercial building at 1800 Argyle Street, Halifax as shown in Attachment A of the staff report dated April 3, 2019 with the following conditions:
a) The existing sunken floor condition near the corner of Argyle and Duke Streets is not further extended northward and that the existing floor elevation near the corner, which matches the abutting sidewalk elevation, be retained; and
b) At least two sets of double-door entry systems are provided at the Argyle / Duke Street corner, one of which being located between gridlines 2 and 3 on the eastern façade on drawing A-100 - Attachment C of the staff report dated April 3, 2019.
2. Approve the requested variances to the Land Use By-law requirements regarding minimum ground floor height and minimum streetwall height, as contained in Attachment B of the staff report dated April 3, 2019, with the conditions indicated in 1. a) and b) above.
10. PRELIMINARY PRESENTATIONS – NONE
11. ADDED ITEMS
12. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
13. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – May 9, 2019 - Halifax Hall, 2nd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax.
INFORMATION ITEMS - NONE