Time: 9:30 a.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – July 13, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.3.1 Presentation – 2022 Sports Cross Country National Championships – Saint Mary’s University Department of Athletics & Recreation [PDF]
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 2022 U Sports Cross Country National Championships Funding Request [PDF]
That the Special Events Advisory Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve an event grant in the amount of $15,000, from the 2022/2023 Community and Events Reserve, Q621, to fund Saint Mary’s University for the 2022 U Sports Cross Country National Championships event contingent on the in-person event taking place.
9.1.2 Major Hosting Bid - JUNO Awards 2024 Funding Report [PDF]
That the Special Events Advisory Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve a contribution, in the amount of $750,000, to The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) for hosting rights to host the 2024 JUNO Awards contingent on Halifax being selected as the host city.
9.2 COMMITTEE MEMBER UPDATES – NONE
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – September 14, 2022
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902-240-7164.
To submit correspondence, email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council