Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
Minutes: August 9, 2021 Grants Committee Special Meeting Minutes (PDF)
There will be a live broadcast of the Grants Committee meeting on YouTube. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – July 12, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 Volunteer Search & Rescue Grants Program: Recommended Awards Fiscal Year 2021-2022 [PDF]
It is recommended that the Grants Committee recommend Regional Council approve:
- The award of four (4) Operating Grants as described in the Discussion section of this report for a total of $135,127
- A Capital Grant in the amount of $6,173 to Halifax Regional Search and Rescue.
The combined total of the grants is $141,300; funded from Operating Account C801-8004.
It is recommended that the Grants Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve the six (6) Event Grants summarized in Table 1 for a total of $10,000 to be distributed to the applicants listed in Attachment 1 with funding provided from the approved 2021/2022 Operating Budget – C760 Community/Civic Events.
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING –September 13, 2021
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE