In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca within three business days.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – November 12, 2020
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.3 Presentations – NONE
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 Upcoming Applications
9.1.2 Case 23050: Substantive Site Plan Approval for 1740 Granville Street, 1730 Granville Street and 1724 Granville Street, Halifax
The following is before the Committee:
• Staff Report (Case 23050) [PDF]:
Map 1 - Location Map [PDF]
Attachment A - Site Plan Approval Plans [PDF] 74MB file may be slow to load.
Attachment B - Variance Requests [PDF]
Attachment C - Wind Impact Assessment [PDF]
Attachment D - Public Benefit [PDF]
Attachment E - Design Rationale Report [PDF]
Attachment F - Renderings and Floor Plans [PDF]
Attachment G - Heritage Information [PDF]
Attachment H - Design Manual Checklist [PDF]
- Staff Presentation [PDF]
- Applicant Presentation [PDF]
THAT the Design Review Committee:
1. Approve the qualitative elements of the substantive site plan approval application for an eight-storey, mixed-use building at 1740 Granville Street, 1730 Granville Street and 1724 Granville Street, Halifax, as shown in Attachment A;
2. Approve the 6 variances to the Land Use By-law requirements regarding streetwall height, streetwall width, building height, floor-to-floor height and streetline setback, as contained in Attachment B;
3. Accept the findings of the qualitative Wind Impact Assessment, as contained in Attachment C; and
4. Recommend that the Development Officer accept the preservation of heritage assets as the post-bonus height public benefit for the development (Attachment D).
9.1.3 2021 Design Review Committee Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That the Design Review Committee approve their 2021 Meeting Schedule as outlined in Attachment 1 of the staff report dated December 10, 2020.
10. PRELIMINARY PRESENTATIONS – NONE
11. COMMITTEE MEMBERS
12. ADDED ITEMS
13. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
14. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – January 14, 2021
INFORMATION ITEMS - NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-490-6732.