1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – November 18, 2019
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES – NONE
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.3 Presentations - None
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 Tax Relief for Non-Profit Organizations Program: Fiscal Year 2019-2020. Part 3 – Proposed Amendments to Schedules
That the Grants Committee recommend that the Audit & Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve:
1. Reinstatement of Abenaki Aquatic Club, 20A-22 Swanton Drive, Dartmouth and the Senobe Aquatic Club, 8 Nowlan Street and a Portion of PID#00636290 Prince Albert Road, Dartmouth to Schedule 26, effective April 1, 2019, at a combined estimated cost of $21,948 from Operating Account M311-8006;
2. Reinstatement of the Atlantic Division Association: Canoe-Kayak Canada, 34 Boathouse Lane, Dartmouth to Schedule 27, effective April 1, 2019, at an estimated cost of $5,255 from Operating Account M311-8006;
3. Removal of ABC Housing Cooperative Limited, 1F Arklow Drive, Dartmouth, from Schedule 30, effective April 1, 2019, at an estimated saving of $323 to the tax relief program;
4. A grant equivalent to the award previously received under the tax relief program to the Association of Special Needs Recreation, 82 Cobblestone Lane, Musquodoboit Harbour; Sackville NS Lions Club, 101 Beaver Bank Road, Beaver Bank; and the South End Daycare, 5594 Morris Street, Halifax, at a combined total estimated cost of $29,801 from Operating Account M311-8006;
5. Minor housekeeping corrections to Schedule 26; and
6. Adopt the amendments to Administrative Order 2014-001-ADM as set out in Attachments A, B and C in Attachment 2 of the staff report dated November 7, 2019 and replace Schedules 26, 27 and 30 of the Administrative Order.
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – January 6, 2020 – Halifax Hall, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax.
1. Information Report from Chief Financial Officer dated October 7, 2019 re: Central Access Point to Grants Information on Halifax.ca
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Judith Ng’ethe, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902-490-6517.