Time: 1:00 p.m.
Location: Halifax Hall, City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: December 4, 2017 Grants Committee Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – November 6, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.1.1 Correspondence submitted from Sheet Harbour and Area Ground Search and Rescue (pdf)
7.3 Presentations - None
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 Proposed Revisions to the Community Grants Program Guidebook (pdf)
That the Grants Committee approve the changes to the procedures for the 2018 Community Grants Program as outlined in the discussion section of the September 28, 2017 staff report and reflected in Attachment 1, the 2018 draft Community Grants Program Guidebook.
9.1.2 Less than Market Value Lease: Scott Manor House, 15 Fort Sackville Road (pdf)
That the HRM Grants Committee recommend Halifax Regional Council authorize the Mayor and Municipal Clerk to enter into a less than market value lease agreement with Fort Sackville Foundation for the leased premises located at 15 Fort Sackville Road, Bedford as per the key terms and conditions set out in Table 1 in the discussion section of the October 20, 2017 staff report.
9.1.3 Less than Market Value Lease: Kinsmen Club of Sackville, N.S., 71 First Lake Drive (pdf)
That HRM Grants Committee recommend Halifax Regional Council authorize the Mayor and Municipal Clerk to enter into a less than market value lease agreement with the Kinsmen Club of Sackville, N.S. for the premises located at 71 First Lake Drive, PID NO. 00359958 per the key terms and conditions set out in Table 1 in the discussion section of the November 6, 2017 staff report.
9.1.4 Tax Relief for Non-Profit Organizations Program: Fiscal Year 2017-18 (pdf)
That the Grants Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Adopt the amendments to Administrative Order 2014-001-ADM, The Tax Relief for Non-Profit Organizations Administrative Order, as set out in Attachment 1 of this report, which will repeal and replace Schedules 26, 27, 28, 29 and 30 of the administrative order at a combined estimated cost of $3,744,916 from Operating Account M311- Grants and Tax Concession; and
2. Defer a recommendation with respect to applications from S.P Lodge Limited, the Estabrooks Community Hall, MacDonald House Association, Ketch Harbour Residents Association [964 Ketch Harbour Road, Ketch Harbour] and the Fort Sackville Foundation pending further review and a supplementary staff recommendation report.
9.1.5 Approval of 2018 Meeting Schedule (pdf)
The Grants Committee approve the 2018 meeting schedule as outlined in the ‘Discussion’ section of the November 23, 2017 staff report.
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – January 8, 2018
INFORMATION ITEMS - NONE