Time: 4:30 p.m.
Location: HEMDCC Meeting Space, Main Floor Alderney Landing, 60 Alderney Drive, Dartmouth
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
• IN CAMERA Item 6.1 PERSONNEL MATTER - Private and Confidential
3. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
5. HALIFAX REGIONAL POLICE 2023/2024 PROPOSED OPERATING BUDGET:
• Halifax Regional Police 2023/2024 Business Plan and Budget Presentation [PDF]
• Public Consultation on Halifax Regional Police 2023/2024 Proposed Operating Budget
Having ensured that the proposed Halifax Regional Police Operating Budget for 2023/2024 as presented at the December 14, 2022 and January 16, 2023 meetings of the Board of Police Commissioners is consistent with those matters referred to in subsection 55(3) of the Police Act,
The Board of Police Commissioners moves the following recommendation:
1. That Halifax Regional Council approve the proposed increase in the composition of the Halifax Regional Police as set out in the Proposed Service Enhancements described in the Revised Information Report dated January 10, 2023, from Chief Kinsella to the Board; and further
2. That Halifax Regional Council approve the proposed Halifax Regional Police Operating Budget for 2023/2024.
6. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
The Board of Police Commissioners may rise and go into a private In Camera (In Private) session, in accordance with Section 51 of the Nova Scotia Police Act for the purposes of dealing with the following:
6.1 PERSONNEL MATTER - Private and Confidential
A matter pertaining to personnel.
That the Board of Police Commissioners convene to in camera to discuss the matter.
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.240.7164
To submit correspondence, email email@example.com
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/boards-committees-commissions/a-c/board-police-commissioners/engagement-bopc, click on “Correspondence”